The trend of using smartphones has increased tremendously over the years. A lot of people have started using them to take photos and videos instead of using a real camera. These phones have some built in technology that allows it to record videos and take pictures.
Today, thanks to the widespread diffusion of mobile phones and tablets, we can use them to record video, voice and also share them via email or social networks. The next step is to integrate it with applications such as Skype. Nowadays, people are starting to use their mobile phones more and more.
Smart phone users are more than likely using their phone to make calls and text, but they are also using their phone to take pictures and videos. This has given rise the new term, smart phone videography. Smart phone videography is the act of recording video with your phone. This blog will discuss the different things you should look for when purchasing a smart phone for video and the different apps you can use with your phone.
Install the app on your phone and computer
To install the Droidcam app and client on your phone and computer, follow these steps:
On your Android phone, open the “Play Store” app and search for “Droidcam.” Tap the “Install” button to download and install the Droidcam app on your phone.
On your computer, go to the official Droidcam website and download the Droidcam client. Install the client on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
Once the app and client are installed on your phone and computer, you can use the Droidcam app on your phone as a webcam on your computer by following the steps outlined in my previous responses.
Connect your phone and computer
To use the Droidcam app on your Android phone as a webcam on your computer, you’ll need to connect your phone and computer using either a USB cable or a Wi-Fi connection. Here are the steps for each connection type:
- USB connection:
- Connect your Android phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- On your computer, launch the Droidcam client.
- On your Android phone, open the Droidcam app and make sure that the “USB” option is selected.
- On your computer, select “USB” as the “Device” in the Droidcam client, and then click “Start.”
- Wi-Fi connection:
- On your Android phone, open the Droidcam app and tap the “Connections” option.
- In the “Connection type” section, tap the “Wi-Fi” option.
- Tap the “Device IP” button to view your Android phone’s local IP address.
- On your computer, launch the Droidcam client.
- In the Droidcam client, select “Wi-Fi” as the “Device” and enter the IP address of your Android phone.
- Click “Start” to begin the connection.
Enjoy using your phone as a webcam!
Using your phone as a webcam with DroidCam is an excellent way to save money and add convenience to your video calls. With DroidCam, you can turn any Android or iOS device into a high-quality webcam for Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, or other popular video conferencing applications.
Once you’ve connected your phone and computer via Wi-Fi or USB, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of having a dedicated webcam: better quality, fewer dropped frames, and no need to carry around a bulky webcam. Plus, you can use the built-in camera app on your phone to customize your video output to suit your needs, whether that means applying fun filters, using portrait mode for a nice bokeh effect, or tweaking the resolution and aspect ratio.
On the audio side, DroidCam will use your phone’s microphone or headset to capture sound. This allows you to take advantage of better sound quality and improved audio isolation while talking with friends, family, or colleagues over video calls.
Adjust the settings
Using DroidCam to turn your phone into a webcam comes with many great features and customization options.
First, you can adjust the video quality of the stream. You can choose from various resolution settings, such as 320×240, 640×480, and 1280×720. You can also control the frame rate of the stream, from 15 to 30 frames per second.
Next, you can set up a password for extra security. This way, no one will be able to access your DroidCam stream unless they know the password. You can also enable audio streaming and choose from different audio input sources (microphone or speaker).
Finally, if you want to save on data consumption or if you’re having difficulty with the connection, you can enable “Low Latency Mode”. This will reduce the latency of the video stream, making it smoother and more reliable.
By adjusting the settings of your DroidCam, you can ensure that you have an optimal streaming experience.
Download and install the DroidCam Windows client on your PC
The first step to using your phone as a webcam is to download and install the DroidCam Windows client on your PC.
1. Download the DroidCam Windows client from the official website. The download link can be found on the official DroidCam website.
2. Once the download is complete, launch the installation program by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
3. Once the installation is complete, open the DroidCam Windows client. You will be asked to enter the IP address of your Android device. To find this information, open your phone’s Wi-Fi settings and look for the “IP address” line.
4. Enter the IP address into the DroidCam Windows client and then click “Connect”.
5. When prompted, enter the DroidCam access code which you can find in the app on your phone.
6. Once the connection is successful, you should now be able to use your Android device as a webcam!
Connect your phone and PC
Once you have both of these installed, open up the DroidCam Client on your PC and enter the IP address that you can find in the DroidCam app on your phone.
Once connected, make sure to adjust the video and audio settings according to your preferences by going to the ‘Settings’ tab in the DroidCam Client. This will ensure that you get the best possible performance from your device. You should also check the box for ‘Webcam Mode’ as this will allow you to use DroidCam as a virtual webcam for Skype or other video conferencing applications.
We hope you enjoyed our article about how to connect your phone and PC. With this knowledge, we know that you can make the most of your phone and PC by learning how to connect them! So what are you waiting for? Try it out today by following our guide to connecting your phone and PC
We hope you enjoyed this blog post about how to use Droidcam with Skype. With this knowledge, we know that you can make the most of your business meetings and collaborate with ease on projects when using video conference software like Skype.